From New York to California, here are 33 ASCs opened or announced in August, as reported by Becker's ASC Review.
1. The University of Rochester is converting a former Sears building to an ASC in Henrietta, N.Y.
2. Jackson Township-based, 5-physician Ohio Head and Neck Surgeons is opening an ASC.
3. Arise Vascular and local physicians opened a cardiovascular ASC in Lafayette, La.
4. Parma, Ohio-based Apex Skin Dermatology and Skin Surgery Center will open its 11th office in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
5. The U.P. Surgery Center in Marquette, Mich., hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
6. Vail (Colo.) Health in November is expected to open a $70 million medical center with an ASC that specializes in orthopedic and pain management procedures.
7. Bowling Green, Ky.-based Interventional Pain Specialists applied to open an ASC focused on non-narcotic pain treatments.
8. A ribbon cutting ceremony took place for an ASC in Bozeman, Mont.
9. A group of surgeons and anesthesiologists is opening a multispecialty surgery center with capacity for patients to stay overnight in Scottsdale, Ariz.
10. Gainesvillle, Ga.-based Southern Pain and Spine is opening a surgery center.
11. Rochester, N.Y.-based Cornerstone Eye Associates held a grand opening for a new ASC.
12. American Surgical Group will open a 16,000-square-foot multispecialty ASC in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
13. Sovereign Medical Group finished an ASC in New York City.
14. Construction has begun on Mount Clemens, Mich.-based McLaren Macombs' $25 million surgery center.
15. Kaiser Permanente is planning a new facility with an ASC in Woodbridge, Va.
16. Atlanta-based Northside Hospital is building an ASC.
17. UT Health RGV is planning a cancer and surgery center in McAllen, Texas.
18. Knoxville, Tenn.-based Tennova Healthcare and local physician partners opened an ASC in Talbott, Tenn.
19. Builders broke ground on a new plastic surgery center in Huntsville, Ala.
20. Atlas Healthcare Partners, Banner Health and Cardiac Solutions are opening a cardiovascular ASC in Sun City, Ariz.
21. Raleigh, N.C.-based Rex Healthcare, a subsidiary of UNC Healthcare, built a medical building with an ASC.
22. Northwest Eye Surgeons opened an ophthalmology clinic and ASC in Seattle.
23. Indiana University Health opened a multispecialty ASC in Fort Wayne, Ind.
24. Quincy (Ill.) Medical Group opened a five-operating room surgery center that has been in the works since 2019.
25. SurgiCore Surgical Centers is building an ASC in New York City.
26. Intermountain Healthcare broke ground on a surgery center at The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Murray, Utah.
27. A new ASC for gastrointestinal procedures is coming to Ascension St. Vincent's One Nineteen campus in Hoover, Ala.
28. Greensboro, N.C.-based Cone Health received approval to build an outpatient surgery center on the campus of Cone Health MedCenter Kernersville (N.C.).
29. A 7,600-square-foot medical office building with ASC was proposed in Margate, Fla.
30. ValueHealth is building a joint replacement facility with an ASC in Concord Township, Pa.
31. An ASC is proposed in UC Davis Health's 34.5-acre expansion in Folsom Ranch, Calif.
32. A two-story multispecialty surgery center opened at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
33. Plymouth (Minn.) Planning Commission unanimously approved a mixed-use development that will house a Twin Cities Orthopedics ASC and clinic.