The ambulatory surgery space has been active with new construction in 2021. Here are 15 of the most expensive, strictly outpatient projects this year:
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. To submit tips on qualifying projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Sacramento, Calif.-based UC Davis is planning to open a $75 million surgery center.
3. Covington, La.-based St. Tammany Health System will begin construction of a $75 million surgical center this fall.
4. Vancouver Clinic and healthcare real estate developer PMB broke ground March 17 on their $75 million clinic in Vancouver, Wash.
5. King of Prussia, Pa.-based Universal Health Services is developing a $69 million ASC as part of a $375 million hospital in Washington, D.C., the Washington Business Journal reported March 12.
6. Maywood, Ill.-based Loyola Medicine proposed a surgery center in Tinley Park, Ill., that would cost more than $69 million.
7. Eisenhower Health opened its expanded $68 million orthopedic center and ASC in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
8. Dartmouth-Hitchcock opened a $62 million ASC in Manchester, N.H.
9. HCA Healthcare West Florida is planning a $50 million surgical hospital, dubbed the Hospital for Endocrine Surgery, in Tampa, Fla.
10. Construction has begun on Mount Clemens, Mich.-based McLaren Macombs' $25 million surgery center.
11. Jacksonville, Fla.-based Jax Spine & Pain Centers broke ground Feb. 17 on a $25 million surgery center and medical office building in Jacksonville.
13. Spectrum Health has filed a certificate of need for a $23.2 million cardiovascular ASC in Grand Rapids, Mich.
14. Quincy, Ill.-based Blessing Health System is opening a $21 million ASC this fall.
15. Bozeman (Mont.) Health Cottonwood Clinic and Surgery Center, a $20 million project, opened April 19, NBC affiliate KHQ reported.