Here are 13 ASCs that were opened or announced in February:
1. Duluth, Minn.-based Essentia Health plans to build an outpatient surgery center in a former shopping mall.
2. Baton Rouge (La.) General Center for Health planned to open an outpatient surgery center in February.
3. Mountain Home, Ark.-based Baxter Regional Medical Center cut the ribbon on its outpatient surgery center, developed in collaboration with physicians Feb. 5.
4. Las Cruces, N.M.-based Three Crosses Regional Hospital opened with a medical office building and ASC on its campus.
5. Vancouver (Wash.) Clinic broke ground on its medical office building with an ASC Feb. 9.
6. Edison, N.J.-based Hackensack Meridian is developing an 80,000-square-foot medical office building with an urgent care center and an ASC at a site in Clifton, N.J.
7. Jacksonville, Fla.-based Jax Spine & Pain Centers broke ground on a $25 million surgery center and medical office building in Jacksonville Feb. 17.
8. The Orthopedic Surgery Center of the Fox Valley opened in Neenah, Wis., according to a Feb. 18 report.
9. Colorado Springs, Colo.-based Penrose-St. Francis Health Services plans to build a 72-bed orthopedic and spine hospital with an ASC.
10. Two physician-owned groups entered into a joint venture Feb. 22, with Chesapeake (Va.) Regional Healthcare to open Chesapeake Regional Surgery at Virginia Beach.
11. Grand Forks, N.D.-based Altru Health System is converting space in Altru Specialty Center into an ASC.
12. West Covina, Calif.-based Emanate Health's Queen of the Valley Hospital is developing an ASC as part of a larger project.
13. Minneapolis-based Allina Health is planning to build a surgery center in Brooklyn Park, Minn., in partnership with Surgical Care Affiliates, according to a Feb. 25 announcement.