Here are seven updates from anesthesia companies so far this year:
1. NorthStar Anesthesia completed its transition to provide services to seven Southfield, Mich.-based Beaumont Health facilities.
2. New Bedford, Mass.-based Southcoast Health will not renew Melville, N.Y.-based North American Partners in Anesthesia's contract with the health system after working with the group for three years.
3. North American Partners in Anesthesia partnered with Atlanta-based Piedmont Orthopedics l OrthoAtlanta to deliver anesthesia services to an ASC in Fayetteville, Ga., according to a Jan. 12 announcement. NAPA also entered into a clinical partnership with Lawrence (Mass.) General Hospital, according to a Jan. 19 announcement.
4. Healthcare staffing and workforce solutions company Health Carousel acquired Vitruvian Medical, a surgery and anesthesia locum tenens staffing company, the firm announced Jan. 14.
5. Anesthesia Associates of Lancaster (Pa.) joined Lancaster General Health Physicians.
6. U.S. Anesthesia Partners reached a three-year deal with Cigna HealthCare of Florida to keep its nearly 600 physicians in network with Cigna's Florida members, the practice announced Feb. 10.
7. Irving, Texas-based NorthStar Anesthesia began providing services Feb. 1 at Baptist Health Hardin in Elizabethtown, Ky.