Here are five new ASCs opened or announced in January:
1. Jefferson City, Mo.-based Capital Region Medical Center held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new ASC.
2. Omaha, Neb.-based Children's Hospital and Medical Center is set to begin construction on a 60,000-square-foot pediatric outpatient center.
3. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Healthcare broke ground on an ASC in Layton, Utah.
4. Fishersville, Va.-based Augusta Health held a ribbon cutting for its new 60,000-square-foot Augusta Health Outpatient Pavilion.
5. The $50 million, 160,000-square-foot Hudson (Wis.) Medical Center, which features an ASC, opened its doors to patients.