Here are 11 ASCs opened or announced that Becker's reported on in May:
1. The University of Rochester Medicine Center for Orthopaedics and Physical Performance Surgery Center in Henrietta, N.Y., opened.
2. Beacon Health System in South Bend, Ind., and Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center in Elkhart, Ind., opened the Surgery Center of Granger (Ind.).
3. York, Pa.-based WellSpan Health is building a 34,000-square-foot ASC in Lancaster, Pa.
4. Cape Girardeau, Mo.-based SoutheastHealth plans to build a $20 million ASC at its new Southeast Center for Integrated Health Services.
5. The Orthopedic Outpatient Center is opening a 30,815-square-foot ASC and physical therapy suite in Medford, Ore.
6. Melbourne, Fla.-based Deuk Spine Institute is planning to open an ASC in Orlando, Fla.
7. Dallas-based Baylor Scott & White Health has broken ground on a new ASC on its campus in College Station, Texas.
8. New York City-based NYU Langone Health is moving forward on construction of an ASC inside of a former Burlington Coat Factory in Patchogue, N.Y.
9. Healthcare real estate developer Hammes has broken ground on a 48,000-square-foot medical office building in Buckeye, Ariz.
10. St. Louis-based SSM Health plans to build an ASC that would replace a standalone emergency room in Sun Prairie, Wis.
11. Construction is set to begin on an independent, surgeon-led ASC in Jamestown, Wis.