Here are five cardiology updates Becker's has reported on since Dec. 20:
1. Edward Hospital has proposed a 96,430-square-foot medical office building in Naperville, Ill., to house its cardiovascular center.
2. Los Angeles-based Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai added four new specialists.
3. Lewes, Del.-based Beebe Healthcare completed its 100th transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedure.
4. A Dec. 28 study found that 28 percent of surveyed cardiologists suffer from mental health conditions.
5. A cardiologist at the University of California Davis Health in Sacramento performed the first procedure using EchoPixel's 4D holographic software.