From device companies to providers, here are 10 gastroenterology companies to know:
1. Boston Scientific: Headquartered in Marlborough, Mass., Boston Scientific manufactures gastroenterology-focused products, including those for polypectomy, hemostasis and balloon dilation procedures.
2. Capital Digestive Care: Silver Spring, Md.-based Capital Digestive offers services at more than 20 offices and ASCs with 128 gastroenterology specialists in the Mid-Atlantic region. The company recently finalized a deal with a Virginia practice.
3. CRH Medical: Atlanta-based CRH Medical is a gastroenterology products and services provider that services roughly 272,000 procedures annually with 39 gastroenterology ASC partnerships. The company was acquired by Well Health for $372.9 milion in May.
4. Iterative Scopes: Iterative Scopes is a gastroenterology-focused software company that designs artificial intelligence-centered products for endoscopies. It recently bagged $30 million in series A funding to develop its AI-powered gastroenterology and drug development technology.
5. Gastro Health: Headquartered in Miami, Gastro Health features more than 270 affiliated physicians and 100 locations in six states. The company was sold to a private equity firm in May and has since expanded its reach in Ohio, Florida and Virginia.
6. GI Alliance: Physician-led, Southlake, Texas-based GI Alliance has more than 600 physicians and 500 locations in 10 states. In July, the company expanded its footprint with partnerships in Illinois and Utah.
7. Motus GI: Motus GI manufactures the Pure-Vu colon prep system. In May, it received 510(k) clearance to market a version of its Pure-Vu system that improves visualization for upper gastrointestinal endoscopies.
8. PE GI Solutions: Headquartered in Jamison, Pa., PE GI Solutions focuses on ASC development and management with more than 600 affiliated physicians and more than 60 clinical partner locations in 19 states.
9. United Digestive: Based in Atlanta, United Digestive partners with physicians and gastroenterology practices. In May, the company partnered with East Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates.
10. US Digestive Health: Based in Exton, Pa., U.S. Digestive Health is a collective of gastroenterology practices in Pennsylvania with 26 locations, 13 ambulatory surgery centers, 96 physicians and 36 advanced practice providers. The company recently entered a five-year agreement with Independence Blue Cross.