Surgery Partners has 4,600 physicians and more than 180 locations in its portfolio. Here are 10 updates on the ASC chain that Becker's has reported on since Jan. 10:
1. Surgery Partners secured an $800 million equity offering.
2. Surgery Partners raked in $620.6 million during the third quarter.
3. Sixteen Surgery Partners' ASCs made Newsweek's "America's Best Ambulatory Surgery Centers," which ranks 510 of the more than 5,000 Medicare-certified ASCs in the country.
4. Surgery Partners' revenue jumped 13.3 percent over last year's second quarter to $615.4 million.
5. Surgery Partners and Charlotte, N.C.-based Novant Health submitted plans for a $328.7 million medical center in Asheville, N.C. The acute care hospital would be completed in January 2027.
6. Surgery Partners is joining with ValueHealth to expand access to high-value surgical care. The partnership aims to build ASCs and deploy ValueHealth's value-based surgical programs at Surgery Partners' current and in-development locations.
7. Surgery Partners' revenue jumped to $596.2 million in the first quarter of 2022, a 16.4 percent increase from the first quarter a year prior.
8. Surgery Partners affiliate St. Peters (Mo.) Surgery Center opened May 2.
9. Surgery Partners and Privia Health Group partnered to build a physician provider network throughout Montana. Privia Health's introduction into the Montana market is through a wholly owned subsidiary of Surgery Partners, Great Falls Clinic.
10. David Doherty, senior vice president of corporate finance and controller at Surgery Partners, became CFO on Feb. 1.