University of Rochester (N.Y.) is redeveloping a portion of a former shopping mall in Rochester for $240 million, Shopping Center Business reports.
What you should know:
1. UR is building a 330,000-square-foot facility in a former Sears department store.
2. The center will have an ASC and a multistory office building.
3. The ASC will have an unspecified amount of operating and procedure rooms.
4. The multistory tower will house imaging services; clinical exam rooms; physical, occupation and hand therapy; sports medicine services; athletic training; and injury prevention programs, among others.
5. UR will pay for the facility through philanthropy, university funds and loans.
More articles on surgery centers:
Alignment, standardization and sole-source partnership — How Mercy brought the Quadruple Aim to orthopedics
Orthopedic surgeon salary, hospital employment on the rise: 3 statistics
5 expert insights on outpatient joint replacements in 2019