Research and Markets unveiled its new report, "Navigating Digital Transformation in Healthcare." The report surveyed IT decision makers, with a focus on IT solution investments; IT-related challenge; and plans for IT budgets.
Here are six highlights:
1. Respondents said their top healthcare IT challenges included:
• Ensuring network stability and reliability
• Managing security threats
• Aligning IT with business strategy
2. Reducing costs proved to be the greatest IT investment driver. Expanding into new markets and enhancing creativity/innovation ranked as second and third biggest drivers.
3. Of those companies with the strongest revenue growth, most emphasized enhancing customer experience and retaining a workforce compared to those companies with weaker revenue growth rates.
4. CEOs are more focused on boosting customer experience; gaining a competitive advantage; and encouraging collaboration compared to CIOs.
5. CIOs are more concerned with enhancing productivity and sales and marketing effectiveness.
6. Internet of Things is gaining traction in the healthcare industry, with 35 percent of survey respondents noting they have internal deployments and live services with customers, distributors and suppliers.
White House CIO to health CIOs: 'Beware the internet of things'
Medtronic teams with Masimo, 60+ others to eliminate preventable patient deaths by 2020: 6 takeaways
7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — Nov. 7, 2016