In 2021, Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare, parent organization of United Surgical Partners International, renewed its longtime supply partnership with national group purchasing organization HealthTrust Performance Group (HealthTrust).
Here are eight things to know about the supply chain partner:
1. HealthTrust serves more than 1,800 hospitals and health systems and 65,000 other locations, including ASCs.
2. HealthTrust is the only committed-model GPO for healthcare providers.
3. HealthTrust serves five of the seven largest integrated delivery networks in the U.S.
4. HealthTrust is the only healthcare performance improvement company owned and operated by health systems.
5. HealthTrust's clinical advisory boards are composed of clinicians from its member facilities. Board specialties include cardiology, laboratory, nursing, radiology, surgery and pharmacy.
6. HealthTrust also provides pharmacy services, including drug shortage strategy.
7. HealthTrust is home to the nation’s largest sole-sourced PBM coalition.
8. HealthTrust has invested in domestic manufacturing through Resource Optimization & Innovation, LLC, (ROi), a recognized leader in healthcare supply chain management and a HealthTrust company.