The ASC market is currently estimated at $30 billion to $40 billion, according to a Nov. 29 report from Research and Markets.
Five things to know:
1. Cardiovascular procedures in outpatient settings are estimated to grow from 10 percent to 30 to 35 percent by the mid-2020s.
2. ASC surgical procedure claims declined nearly 10 percent in 2020, largely because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Total joint replacements at ASCs are expected to grow 95 percent over the next five years.
4. Nearly half of ASC leaders expect revenues to increase in 2021.
5. A nonemergent surgery backlog is expected to continue through 2023.