Zion Market Research predicts that global demand for the ultrasound market will grow from $5.2 billion to $6.9 billion by 2021. Here's what you need to know:
1. Zion is predicting the market will continue to see growth because of growing demand from the healthcare industry to use the machines for disease diagnosis.
2. The cart/trolley based ultrasound device is expected to continue to be the preferred machine of choice, and 3D and 4D ultrasound technology is predicted to see favorable growth in the future.
3. Europe is leading the global ultrasound market in 2015 because of the positioning of various key vendors coupled with a promising medical tourism industry. The private sector in Europe is also promoting the implementation of ultrasound technology, which has provided "tremendous" growth opportunities.
4. North America is also one of the leading players in the market. Zion said that although the market is in its saturation stage, it's also one of the epicenter of research and development. Because of that the ultrasound market is expected to continue to expand.
5. The Asian Pacific and Latin American region are both expected to see a large amount of growth in the coming years.
6. The Middle Eastern and African markets both represent areas with large potential for market implementation because of expanding healthcare infrastructure coupled with an emphasis in the use of advanced medical technology use.
7. Siemens AG, GE Healthcare, Analogic Corporation, FUJIFILM, Mindray Medical International, EsaoteSpA and Hitachi are considered the device market leaders.
More news on improving performance:
1. Healthcare executive salary drops 12.9%; nurse salary down 3.1% — 5 notes on declining exec, nurse pay
2. Study: Most chronically-ill, elderly patients live far from in-home care providers: 5 thoughts
3. 4 key strategies for building a strong physician compensation plan