While physician and advanced practitioner salaries rose this past year, healthcare executives and nurses experienced a pay decrease, according to HealthITNews.
Health eCareers' 2016 Healthcare Salary Guide surveyed 19,754 healthcare professionals.
Here are five notes:
1. Health and hospital executive salary fell 12.9 percent, hitting $134,632.
2. Registered nurses' salary totaled $61,875 this year, representing a 3.1 percent decrease.
3. However, physician assistants had a 4.3 percent uptick in salary, reaching $105,858 in 2016.
4. Nurse practitioners had an average salary of $100,549, up 5.3 percent from 2015.
5. Of those surveyed, 30 percent are seeking a new job. Various factors spurring respondents to find new jobs include higher pay, more challenging and rewarding work, better hours as well as wanting to participate in a different organization.
More healthcare news:
7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — Aug. 11, 2016
Giving physicians the time to be clinicians again — 4 key thoughts on physician burnout
A BlueCross BlueShield ID card provider suffers data breach impacting 3.3M customers: 6 points