An ASC's fee schedule reflects the center's service quality and establishes the profit margin necessary for financial stability, according to Serbin Medical Billing.
Here are five steps for developing a fee schedule:
1. Assemble a team of clinical and business office staff.
2. Gather physician, attorney, accountant and consultant input.
3. Examine local economic demographics.
4. Research fee allowances in the managed care market.
5. Identify payer carve-outs for implants and high-value services.
Click here to read more about common fee schedules and steps for developing one.
More articles on coding, billing and collections:
'We're in uncharted territory here' — Texas judge says ACA unconstitutional, incites furor
5 ways ASCs can improve the preauthorization process
The US pays more for outpatient care than any other country — 5 study findings