Here are five payer updates Becker's has reported on since June 12:
1. Humana is anticipating its medical loss ratio will be at the top end of its full-year projected range of 86.3 percent to 87.3 percent, according to a June 16 SEC filing.
2. CMS launched a No Surprises Act website for consumers that outlines the rights patients have regarding surprise medical bills.
3. CMS officials are urging states to double-down on efforts to prevent people from unnecessarily losing Medicaid coverage.
4. North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed a bill allowing Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina to reorganize as a nonprofit holding company.
5. HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra is urging states to do more to prevent people from losing Medicaid coverage for procedural reasons.