Here are six gastroenterology updates Becker's has reported on since Nov. 18:
1. The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy has partnered with medtech company Surgical Science to develop education tools for gastroenterology.
2. Boston Scientific has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire gastrointestinal device company Apollo Endosurgery.
3. Fauquier County Public Schools Superintendent David Jeck is suing Fauquier (Va.) Medical Center, Advanced Digestive Care and Gastroenterology Associates for $15 million, alleging medical negligence led to the death of his son.
4. Medtronic's respiratory, gastrointestinal and renal revenue decreased 16 percent in the second quarter of fiscal year 2023.
5. Triastek, a pharmaceutical company, received FDA investigational new drug clearance to begin clinical studies on its 3D-printed medicine, T21, designed to treat ulcerative colitis.
6. Cincinnati Children's plans to open a new facility in Centerville, Ohio, to increase access to gastroenterology, neurology and other services for pediatric patients in the Dayton, Ohio, area.