Here are six anesthesia updates Becker's has reported on since May 8:
1. When deciding what to pay anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists, it is more important to assess what will keep anesthesiologists from leaving a group rather than relying solely on data, Rita Astani, president of anesthesia at RCM company Coronis Health, wrote in an April 24 blog post for Anesthesia Business Consultants.
2. Kathy Grichnik, MD, chief of anesthesiology services at SCA Health shared several key ways that anesthesia clinicians can contribute to ASC success in an annual meeting with California Ambulatory Surgery Association stakeholders.
3. Although the mean annual wage among all anesthesiologists is $302,970, that can vary based on factors including experience and practice setting.
4. Here are five best practices to foster successful relationships between anesthesia groups and facility administrators, recommended by Anesthesia Business Consultants.
5. Nebraska offers anesthesiologists the highest hourly mean wage, according to the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics occupational employment statistics survey.
6. Anesthesiologist Anna Gabrielian, MD, a former employee of Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins, and her husband, Jamie Lee Henry, have pleaded not guilty to conspiring to help Russia by violating patient privacy.