Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., are the best pediatric and adult hospitals for gastroenterology and GI surgery in the country, respectively, according to U.S. News & World Report.
In June, U.S. News released its list of the best children's hospitals for gastroenterology and GI surgery. The rankings are based on data from about 200 facilities. Read more about the methodology here.
Los Angeles has the highest concentration of the hospitals that ranked in the top 10 among the combined lists, with four.
Here are the top 10 GI hospitals for children and adults, according to U.S. News:
1. Children: Cincinnati Children's Hospital
Adults: Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
2. Children: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Adults: Cedar-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
3. Children: Boston Children's Hospital
Adults: UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles)
4. Children: Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora)
Adults: Cleveland Clinic
5. Children: Texas Children's Hospital (Houston)
Adults: NYU Langone Hospitals (New York City)
6. Children: Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Adults: Keck Medical Center of USC (Los Angeles)
7. Children: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Adults: Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
8. Children: Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, Ohio)
Adults: Houston Methodist Hospital
9. Children: Children's Medical Center Dallas
Adults: Mayo Clinic (Phoenix)
10. Children: Johns Hopkins Children's Center (Baltimore)
Adults: John Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore)