Light fixture falls on patient at North Carolina ASC

The light fixture at a surgery center in North Carolina came loose earlier this week and fell on a patient who was under anesthesia, waiting for surgery, according to a WCNC report.

The surgery center's administrator reported "regular and extensive" safety checks of the equipment and is now conducting an investigation of the incident. The surgical team woke the patient after the light fixture struck them and sent the patient to a hospital emergency department.

The patient did not sustain injury due to being struck by the light fixture.

More articles on surgery centers:
114 ASC benchmarks to know
Advocate Aurora Health breaks ground on $130M ASC, MOB: 3 details
3 West Virginia ASCs apply for CONs


© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.


Featured Webinars

Featured Whitepapers