Here are five key stats to know about cardiologist pay:
- Cardiologists had an average annual compensation of $544,201 in 2022, according to Doximity's "2023 Physician Compensation Report."
- Pediatric cardiology had one of the largest increases in annual salary from 2021 to 2022, with a 3.4 percent jump to $325,595.
- Twenty-three percent of cardiologists reported a net worth of more than $5 million, according to Medscape's "Physician Wealth & Debt Report 2022."
- Sixteen percent of cardiologists reported a net worth of less than $500,000.
- Sixteen percent of cardiologists said they are still paying off student loans.