Streamlining processes such as removing time consuming supply chain tasks can help clinicians focus more on caring for patients, according to Alpharetta, Ga.-based Surgical Information Systems.
SIS shared five ways to improve materials management processes on their blog:
1. Efficient ordering. Automate supply chain ordering and use barcode scanners to save staff time on ordering supplies.
2. Improve communication with vendors. Using a simple "send" button to complete an order can reduce time spent logging into websites or using a fax machine.
3. Create a stronger enterprise infrastructure. Using reporting tools to capture analytics for individual and corporate entity helps ASC staff better understand inventory usage.
4. Implement case costing. Managing supplies more efficiently can be a game changer for ASCs in terms of reducing costs. Making processes more modern through using electronic preference cards can help standardize products, reduce errors and lower costs.
5. Automate three-way price match. Price matching between purchase orders, contract price and invoices prevents overpayments.