In March, the number of open jobs in the market almost doubled the amount of new hires. Individuals have been leaving the workforce at a rapid pace, with 4.3 million people quitting their jobs in December alone.
Employers are competing to encourage workers to stay, as people switch jobs rapidly and leave the workforce entirely.
According to a March 9 report from McKinsey and Company, employees leave their workplaces for a variety of reasons, including scheduling issues and unsustainable work-life balances.
12 top reasons why employees leave their workplaces:
12. Unreasonable travel demands
11. Inadequate company resources
10. Non-inclusive and unwelcoming work communities
9. Unsafe workplace conditions
8. Unreliable and unsupportive coworkers
7. Lack of flexibility
6. Inadequate compensation
5. Lack of support for health and well-being
4. Lack of meaningful work
3. Lack of career advancement potential
2. Unsustainable performance expectations
1. Uncaring leaders and managers