OncLive and Washington, D.C.-based The Ruesch Center for the Cure of Gastrointestinal Cancers at Georgetown University recognized the 2018 Luminary Awards in GI Cancers honorees.
The 2018 Luminary Awards in GI Cancers honorees include:
- John S. Macdonald, MD, senior medical advisor for Criterium and GI cancer specialist.
- Michael Sapienza, CEO and founder of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance.
- Richard L. Schilsky, MD, senior vice president and CMO of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Paul H. Sugarbaker, MD, chief of the peritoneal surface malignancy program and director of the Center for Gastrointestinal Malignancies at MedStar Washington (D.C.) Hospital Center.
- Daniel D. Von Hoff, MD, physician-in-chief and professor at the Phoenix-based Translational Genomics Research Institute, chief scientific officer for US Oncology and medical professor at Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic.
Former U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden Jr., and founder of the Biden Cancer Initiative, was also presented with the 2018 Luminary Leadership Award. Gregory Simon, the president of the Biden Cancer Initiative, accepted the award on behalf of the former vice president.