A Colorado endoscopy clinic nurse pleaded guilty to stealing controlled substances from the center after having admitted to similar allegations with her previous employer, according to a Fox 21 report.
Here are five things to know:
1. Mary Panza, the nurse, pleaded guilty to stealing drugs from Ridge View Endoscopy Center in Lone Tree where she had been responsible for tracking the center's drugs. According to the report, instead of handling the drugs appropriately she emptied wasted medication into vials with other drug labels.
2. Ms. Panza said she diverted drugs from the center once per week for 10 months.
3. Prior to her appointment at Ridge View, Ms. Panza engaged in similar drug diversion while employed by Denver Endoscopy.
4. In August, Ms. Panza was taken to the hospital after she was found unconscious at her home with a syringe in her hand. Officers found fentanyl vials in her bathrobe and purse at that time.
5. Her sentencing is scheduled for March 2019.