CMS and Acumen are field testing a new screening/surveillance colonoscopy cost-saving Merit-based Incentive Payment System measure.
Here's what you should know:
1. The American Gastroenterological Association, American College of Gastroenterology and American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy developed the measure, which CMS is testing through Nov. 15.
2. Physicians are invited to take advantage of this opportunity. To do so, a center must have an enterprise identity management account and have "physician quality and value programs" access.
3. The measure will fit into MIPS' cost performance category. In 2019, the category will account for 30 percent of a physician's score.
4. During field testing, physicians or physician groups that perform at least 10 such colonoscopies on Medicare patients will receive confidential reports on their cost measure performance.
5. CMS is collecting feedback for potential refinements.
For more information on registration, click here.