Pittsburgh-based Allegheny Health Network named Elie Aoun, MD, its division chief of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
What you should know:
1. Dr. Aoun most recently served as the gastroenterology division's medical director.
2. He is also AHN's clinical access medical director.
3. AHN made Dr. Aoun medical director of the gastroenterology division in 2013. During his tenure, he contributed to the AHN Center for Digestive Health's strategic vision.
4. He is an avid researcher, having published more than 50 peer-reviewed articles.
5. Dr. Aoun earned his medical degree from the American University of Beirut in Lebanon. He completed his residency and fellowship at Pittsburgh-based UPMC.