Here are five private equity updates since June 21:
1. An affiliate of Capitol Pain Institute, an interventional pain management provider, and Iron Path Capital, a private equity firm, partnered to create a physician-led consolidation platform.
2. The Federal Trade Commission has taken aim against a private equity firms' healthcare deal in a move regulators say could spell trouble for other healthcare agreements the agency deems anticompetitive.
3. Private equity acquisitions of gastrointestinal groups grew by 28 percent last year — growth that is expected to continue throughout this year. Here are three physicians' viewpoints on private equity.
4. Private equity-backed, Phoenix-based Healthcare Outcomes Performance Co, a musculoskeletal practice management platform and value-based platform, has had a huge year of growth. Here are seven moves to know.
5. Healthcare-focused private equity firm Linden Capital Partners said June 21 it is buying a majority stake in the revenue cycle management company Aspirion.