Long Beach (Calif.) Memorial named Bhavesh B. Shah, MD, medical director of interventional gastroenterology.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Shah will also serve as gastroenterology director at MemorialCare Todd Cancer Institute at Long Beach Memorial.
2. Dr. Shah also practices with Long Beach (Calif.) Gastroenterology Associates, and he focuses on interventional endoscopy, including ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound.
3. Dr. Shah previously served as the director of endoscopic ultrasound services at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston.
4. He completed his gastroenterology fellowship at Drexel University College of Medicine in Pittsburgh.
5. In addition, Dr. Shah completed his advanced therapeutic endoscopy fellowship at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester and a clinical decision making and informatics fellowship at Tufts University School of Medicine.