Timothy Story, MD, of Carmel, Ind., is suing St. Vincent Medical Group, alleging he was fired without cause last year, according to a report in The Indiana Lawyer.
1. Indianapolis-based St. Vincent Medical Group, part of St. Louis-based Ascension, fired Dr. Story Aug. 27, claiming that he was under federal investigation for his prescription practices. Dr. Story said he wasn't aware of the investigation.
2. Dr. Story also claims his employment contract did not require him to notify St. Vincent of an investigation, as his termination notice stated.
3. When he filed the lawsuit March 4, Dr. Story had not been named in any federal investigation or indictment, according to the report.
4. Dr. Story now has a concierge medical practice that treats patients with heart disease.
5. Ascension St. Vincent declined to comment on pending litigation.