The five most common procedures performed at ASCs are all more affordable at ASCs than hospital outpatient departments, according to cost data from medicare.gov's procedure price lookup.
Cost of the five most common ASC procedures:
1. Extracapsular cataract removal with intraocular lens prosthesis; without endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation
2. Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, flexible, transoral; biopsy; single or multiple
3. Colonoscopy, flexible; with biopsy, single or multiple
4. Colonoscopy, flexible; with removal of tumor(s), polyp(s), or other lesion(s) by snare technique
5. Colonoscopy, flexible; diagnostic, including collection of specimen(s) by brushing or washing, when performed