ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence chatbot created by research laboratory OpenAI, is now being used nationwide for a variety of functions, from aiding physicians to answering users' questions.
On April 17, Becker's posed the question, "What is the best gastrointestinal care center in the United States?" to the online chat robot.
While it did not name a top care center, it suggested several based on other online rankings. Here is what it had to say:
"As an AI language model, I do not have personal beliefs or preferences, but based on expertise, top rankings and patient reviews, some of the best gastrointestinal care centers in the United States are:
- Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Rochester, Minn.)
- Johns Hopkins Medical Center Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Baltimore)
- Cleveland Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Massachusetts General Hospital Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Boston)
- Mount Sinai Hospital Gastroenterology (New York City)
- Stanford (Calif.) Health Care Digestive Health Center
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Gastroenterology (Los Angeles)
- Duke University Hospital Gastroenterology (Durham, N.C.)
- Vanderbilt Digestive Disease Center (Nashville, Tenn.)
- University of Michigan Hospital Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Ann Arbor)"