From a quality improvement award to annual research awards, here are 13 physician and facility awards and designations granted since Jan. 6:
1. The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care awarded Princeton (N.J.) University Health Services and the Texas Health Surgery Center in Arlington its annual Quality Improvement Award.
2. WebMD and Medscape awarded 51 hospitals and health systems with its 2022-2023 patient choice award for gastroenterology.
3. Women's Choice Award named the top 354 hospitals for heart care in 2023.
4. The American College of Cardiology awarded Karol Watson, MD, with its annual Bernadine Healy Leadership in Women's Cardiovascular Disease.
5. Lexington (Ky.) Plastic Surgery was accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities.
6. Santen Pharmaceutical Co. earned the Glaucoma Research Foundation's Catalyst Award.
7. Northern American Partners in Anesthesia was named a 2022 Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award recipient on behalf of the National Quality Forum and The Joint Commission.
8. Weirton (W.Va.) Medical Center was named the top cardiology program in the state by hospital quality reviewer Carechex.
9. The University of California San Diego Health's endoscopy program was recognized by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for patient safety and quality.
10. The Joint Commission honored physician Jason Adelman, MD, North American Partners in Anesthesia and Dallas-based Parkland Health with its 2022 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award.
11. Santa Barbara, Calif.-based Sansum Clinic received America's Physician Groups' five-star elite status.
12. Glassdoor named 11 healthcare companies among the best places to work in 2023.
13. The Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza in Houston, Texas, was awarded an Energy Star certification by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.