Here are the seven most expensive ASC projects covered by Becker's this year, totaling $1.79 billion:
1. Danville, Pa.-based Geisinger Health Systems plans to develop a $180 million hospital, orthopedic ASC, assisted living facility, welcome center and parking garage.
2. The University of California Board of Regents approved a $579 million ASC at UC Davis Health's Sacramento campus.
3. Northside Hospital Gwinnett in Lawrenceville, Ga., is expanding its ambulatory surgery offerings with a $400 million patient tower and medical office building.
4. Chicago-based Northwestern Medicine plans to build a 120,000-square-foot, $100 million outpatient facility on the city's South Side.
5. Cleveland Clinic broke ground on a $177 million expansion with an ophthalmology ASC.
6. University of Rochester (N.Y.) Medical Center is converting a former Sears building within a mall to an orthopedic healthcare campus with an ASC. The 350,000-square-foot, $271 million facility is slated to open in 2023.
7. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital bought an office complex in White Plains, N.Y., for $83.5 million that it plans to redevelop into a multispecialty outpatient campus.