1. 158 new ASCs in 2020 Full story
2. The biggest roadblocks in 2021: 7 ASC leaders share their predictions Full story
3. CRNAs average $214K+ yearly, up 24% since 2015 Full story
4. Health IT and the ASC: How Leaders Can Identify the Right Solutions for Financial and Clinical Success. Read the infographic here.
5. Idaho ASC brings in new tech for joint surgery — 3 details Full story
6. The first Americans to get a dose, clinical trials and more — 9 COVID-19 vaccine updates Full story
7. 10 specialties where hospital volumes are down the most Full story
8. 3 Must Reads
- Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
9. The biggest news in anesthesia this year — 5 must-read stories Full story
10. Trump, Biden should be among first vaccinated & 3 more updates from Capitol Hill Full story
11. Average cardiologist salary & 5 other stats to know Full story
12. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS' increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
13. ACG releases 1st IBS guidelines Full story
14. Former orthopedic practice owner gets 5 years in prison for illegally prescribing opioids Full story
15. COVID-19 hospitalizations triple September numbers; Pfizer vaccine vials contain extra doses, FDA says — 9 updates Full story
16. Hiring during a pandemic requires a new strategy. Click here to join the discussion about talent management strategies that will save money and improve staff quality.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.
2. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
3. OR optimization case study: Lessons from Erlanger Health System and Baystate Health. Click here to read the report.