The average certified registered nurse anesthetist in 2019 made $214,163, according to the "2020 Physician and Advanced Practice Salary Report" by LocumTenens.com.
The report is based on a September survey that received 2,080 responses from physicians and advanced practitioners in all 50 states. Compensation figures include only annual salary and bonuses for full-time, permanent employees.
Six key insights:
1. Annual salary for CRNAs increased 24 percent from 2015-19.
2. Fifty-nine percent of CRNAs in 2019 were men, down 9 percent from the prior year.
3. Women represented 41 percent of CRNAs, a year-over-year increase of 9 percent.
4. The portion of CRNAs who were hospital-employed in 2019 hit 72 percent, up from 70 percent in 2018.
5. Ten percent of CRNAs worked in an outpatient facility, down 4 percent from 2018.
6. Seven percent of CRNAs reported being in group practice in 2019, representing a year-over-year increase of 1 percent.