Here are seven ASCs that have opened or have plans to open in the South that Becker's has reported on since June 12:
1. The Virginia Department of Health approved surgery provider MedRVA Healthcare's request to build a $15.4 million surgery center in Chester, Va.
2. Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics announced the opening of its new 37,992-square-foot surgery center located in Chattanooga, Tenn.
3. Jax Spine and Pain Centers and the University of Florida Health Jacksonville completed a 54,000-square-foot medical office building with an ASC.
4. Southern Ear, Nose, Throat and Allergy Physicians is building a 21,000-square-foot flagship facility that includes an ASC in Columbia, S.C.
5. The Joint Replacement Center of Louisiana opened in Lake Charles on June 20.
6. Ground was broken on a 7,764-square-foot hybrid ASC near HCA Florida's Osceola Hospital campus in Kissimmee, Fla.
7. CARTI opened a 57,000-square-foot surgery center in Little Rock, Ark., June 9.