Here are six ASCs that have opened or have plans to open in states that require a certificate of need that Becker's has reported on since June 5:
- Valdosta-based South Georgia Medical Center joined forces with the Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce to host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the SGMC Ambulatory Care Center.
- Boston-based New England Baptist Hospital partnered with Constitution Surgery Alliance and 15 orthopedic surgeons to convert its existing hospital-based surgical facility in Dedham, Mass., to an ASC.
- Muhlenberg Ambulatory Surgery Center in Plainfield, N.J. opened at the site of the former Muhlenberg Hospital.
- Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics announced the opening of its 37,992-square-foot surgery center located in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- The Virginia Department of Health approved surgery provider MedRVA Healthcare's request to build a $15.4 million surgery center in Chester, Va.
Western Wisconsin is gaining its first multispecialty ASC, the Valley Surgery Center, which had a ribbon cutting ceremony on June 12.