Here are six hospitals and health systems that have opened or have plans to open ASCs that Becker's has reported on since Oct. 25:
1. Boca Raton (Fla.) Regional Hospital unveiled a new medical arts pavilion featuring an ASC and state-of-the-art outpatient services, including same-day surgical care, diagnostic procedures and specialty clinics.
2. HCA Healthcare affiliate Parkridge Health System and Erlanger Health, two of the largest hospital systems in Chattanooga, Tenn., partnered to build a $23.2 million ASC inside a former U.S. Xpress office building.
3. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist hospital in Winston-Salem, N.C., was granted conditional approval from the state to build an ASC.
4. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health is opening a new medical campus with an ASC in Saratoga Springs, Utah.
5. Cincinnati Children's began construction on a two-story medical building in Eastgate, Ohio, that will include an outpatient surgery center.
6. Florence, S.C.-based McLeod Health has broken ground on an ASC on its Carolina Forest campus in Myrtle Beach.