Gastroenterology has seen several partnerships arise since March 11, when the World Health Organization officially declared a pandemic.
Seven partnerships to know:
1. The American Gastroenterological Association and the Clinical Research Strategy Group partnered with Rx.Health — a spinoff of New York City-based Mount Sinai Health System — to create a virtual trial network for gastroenterology.
2. Dallas-based GI Alliance partnered with Peoria-based Illinois Gastroenterology Institute, expanding its presence in Illinois and the Midwest.
3. Exton, Pa.-based US Digestive Health expanded its presence in Pennsylvania by partnering with Carlisle (Pa.) Digestive Disease Associates.
4. The AGA and Medtronic collaborated to create educational materials and safety protocols for gastroenterologists reopening their practices.
5. The World Gastroenterology Organization and the Biocodex Microbiota Institute entered into a partnership to raise awareness about gut microbiota.
6. Gastroenterology-focused group purchasing organization Gastrologix partnered with Clinical Research Strategy Group to bring discounted rates to CSRG's clinical trial management platform.
7. Private equity firm Webster Equity Partners established One GI, a gastroenterology platform, through a partnership with Memphis, Tenn.-based Gastro One.