1. Payers putting 'downward pressure' on ASCs: How leaders are looking at payer behavior Full story
2. Where ASC consolidation is headed Full story
3. Physician pleads guilty to unlawful drug distribution after patient overdose Full story
4. ASCs that focus on improving situational awareness see up to 50% improvement in their efficiency and safety KPIs. Learn more about the role situational awareness plays in optimizing OR performance and patient safety here.
5. How physicians are reducing expenses Full story
6. Total joints and ASCs: 3 leaders' thoughts Full story
7. 5 clinicians who won — or are favored to — in 2022 midterms Full story
8. Top 25 drugs used in outpatient settings Full story
9. Don't get lost in the details of coding, contracts & compliance. Demystify trends to maximize revenue cycle performance with tips from this expert session.
10. 5 California updates for ASC leaders to know Full story
11. 12-story medical office building approved in Los Angeles Full story
12. 11 ASCs now partnered with management company Vision Integrated Partners Full story
13. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
2. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
3. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.