The demand for superior outcomes at reduced cost is fueling the ASC market, a market in which AmSurg is thriving.
Here are seven key points on one of the ASC industry's leading players.
1. In 2014, AmSurg acquired Sheridan Healthcare in a $2.35 billion deal, and funded the deal with $615 million of equity and the remainder with debt.
2. In April, AmSurg expanded its portfolio through its acquisition of North Florida Anesthesia Consultants. North Florida Anesthesia Consultants has more than70 physicians, certified registered nurse anesthetists and anesthesiologist assistants.
3. 2015 marked a successful year of acquisitions for AmSurg with the company paving its way into the radiology and anesthesiology fields. AmSurg's repertoire of acquisitions included Radisphere, Radiology Associates of Hollywood, Halifax Anesthesiology Associates, Coastal Anesthesia Consultants, Bay Area Anesthesia, Valley Anesthesiology & Pain Consultants and Premier Emergency Medical Specialists.
4. In 2015, AmSurg net revenue reached $2.57 billion, up 58 percent from $1.62 billion from 2014. The company's full-year net earnings per diluted share from continuing operations attributable to AmSurg common shareholders were $3.18. The company had cash and cash equivalents of $106.7 million.
5. Of AmSurg's total 2015 revenue, 51.6 percent came from gastroenterology and 13.5 percent from ophthalmology, according to Seeking Alpha.
6. In 2016, AmSurg expects to have EBITDA between $690 million and $700 million.
7. Last year also marked a record year for accreditation of AmSurg's ASCs. In 2015, AmSurg's accreditation experts helped 76 of its centers complete re-accreditation surveys. Three AmSurg centers also achieved initial accreditation last year. All of AmSurg's centers are accredited.
More articles on surgery centers:
Medical Facilities Corp. offers clarification of fee payments: 5 notes
5 things to know about Kenmore Mercy Hospital's new surgery unit
Northern Wyoming Surgical Center, West Park Hospital debate future recruitment: 5 key notes