New York City-based NYU Langone Hospital Brooklyn added Adam Goodman, MD, to its staff, appointing him director of endoscopy and quality.
Here's what you should know:
1. Dr. Goodman specializes in treating diseases of the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, colon and rectum.
2. In this new position, Dr. Goodman will enhance usage of advanced endoscopic procedures including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, endoscopic ultrasound and advanced therapeutic endoscopy.
3. Dr. Goodman also serves as an associate professor of medicine at New York City-based NYU School of Medicine.
4. He earned his medical degree in 2000 from NYU School of Medicine. He completed a residency at North Shore University Hospital — Manhasset (N.Y.) and a fellowship at NYU Langone.
5. Dr. Goodman previously served as the chief of gastrointestinal services at New York City-based Kings County Hospital Center and as chief of endoscopy at New York City-based Bellevue Hospital Center.