Spherix Global Insights surveyed 103 gastroenterologists on their thoughts on the ulcerative colitis prescription market.
Here's what you should know:
1. The providers projected significant growth for Takeda's Entyvio, Janssen's Simponi and Pfizer/Hospira's Inflectra.
2. Gastroenterologists believe Entyvio and Simponi's market shares will grow because current users will continue to utilize the drugs, while Inflectra's market share will be boosted by a growing user base.
3. Insurance mandates are limiting Inflectra's general adoption. It's expected payers will encourage providers to prescribe Inflectra in the coming months.
4. Providers are more comfortable prescribing a newly approved irritable bowel syndrome drug than a novel monoamine oxidase inhibitor.
5. Providers are more familiar with Pfizer's Xeljanz than market alternatives like Celgene's Mongersen and Ozanimod or Roche/Genentech's Etrolizumab.