Here are 23 gastroenterologists who started new positions in 2018 and early 2019:
1. Yonatan Hillman, MD, joined Duluth, Minn.-based St. Luke's Gastroenterology Associates.l
2. Chattanooga, Tenn.-based Erlanger Health System added Laxmi Parsa, MD, to its gastroenterology staff.
3. Attleboro (Mass.) Gastroenterology Associates added Tanvi Khurana, MD, to its staff,
4. Decatur (Ill.) Memorial Hospital added Nathan Pyle, DO, to DMH Gastroenterology.
5. Gastroenterologist and hepatologist Chinyere M. Nwosu, DO, joined Canton-Postdam (N.Y.) Hospital,
6. Gastroenterologist Christina Levings, MD, joined Waco Gastroenterology in August 2018.
7. Hannibal (Mo.) Regional Medical Group welcomed board-certified gastroenterologist Khulood Ahmed, MD.
8. Garfield Grandison, MD, is seeing patients at King's Daughters Ohio in Portsmouth.
9. Kansas City (Kan.) VA Medical Center appointed Ahmed Saeed, MD, head of endoscopy
10. Rachna Shroff, MD, joined Tucson-based University of Arizona Cancer Center to serve as its gastrointestinal medical oncology chief.
11. Augusta-based Medical College of Georgia named Kenneth Vega, MD, its new chief of gastroenterology.
12. Kirk Bernadino, MD, is the newest gastroenterologist at Rockport, Maine-based Pen Bay Gastroenterology.
13. Visalia (Calif.) Medical Clinic added gastroenterologist Shirley Pua, MD, to its staff.
14. Providence, R.I.-based University Gastroenterology added Elizabeth Decker, DO, to its staff.
15. Rita Ritsema, MD, now sees patients out of the Havertown, Pa.-based location of Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association.
16. Khola Qamar, MD, joined Bennington, Vt.-based Dartmouth-Hitchcock Putnam Medical Group.
17. Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Novant Health added Scott Itzkowitz, DO, to its Novant Health Gastroenterology practice in Supply, N.C.
18. Samiollah Gholam, MD, joined Vancouver, Wash.-based PeaceHealth Medical Group's internal medicine team.
19. Secaucus, N.J.-based Hudson Regional Hospital added Scott Lippe, MD, to its staff.
20. Sean McGarr, DO, joined Lewiston-based Central Maine Healthcare as its medical director.
21. James Whatley IV, MD, joined Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Medical Group's Gastrointestinal Specialists.
22. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, Wis., added Mainor Antillon Galdamez, MD, to its staff.
23. Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Medical Clinic added Brian Smith, MD, to its staff.