1. 10 things to know about self-employed physicians Full story
2. California hospital cleared in counterfeit spine implant case Full story
3. $25M surgery center with orthopedic care opens in Florida Full story
4. Surgical teams are using AI to optimize workflows, boost efficiency + improve reimbursement. Learn how here.
5. 170 ASCs built or proposed in 2022 Full story
6. Medtronic GI revenue decreased by 16% in Q2 Full story
7. North Carolina orthopedic surgeon to join Rothman Full story
8. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
9. Physician cuts will create 'immediate financial instability': 4 thoughts on physician pay Full story
10. Connecticut physician fined for overprescribing narcotics Full story
11. 10 orthopedic surgeons to know Full story
12. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
Becker's is seeking great orthopedic and spine surgeons to join the agenda for our 2023 event next June 15-17 in Chicago! If you'd like to learn more about speaking opportunities, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Ambulatory care makes up one-third of provider revenues. Discover how three academic health systems are making the most of ambulatory growth here.
2. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.
3. Scan. Design. Deliver. Three simple steps to personalized lumbar fusions. See the process in action on three patients