Here are 10 updates on ASC companies and industry-relevant companies to note:
1. Vancouver (Wash.) Clinic performed its first knee replacement surgery in its ASC, clarkcountytoday.com reported Jan. 16.
2. Wyomissing-based Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania named Charles Busack as its new administrator.
3. Downers Grove, Ill.-based DuPage Medical Group has opened an ASC dedicated to spine and orthopedic surgery.
4. Waterbury (Conn.) Health acquired minority ownership in a freestanding ASC.
5. Physicians and a hospital in Orangeburg, S.C., both have plans to construct new ASCs.
6. West Palm Beach, Fla.-based Gastro Group of the Palm Beaches joined Tampa (Fla.) General Hospital.
7. Nashville, Tenn.-based Montecito Medical Real Estate acquired a medical office building in Sandusky, Ohio, that houses Northern Ohio Medical Specialists.
8. San Ramon, Calif.-based Meridian reached a deal to acquire a 188,000-square-foot medical complex in Arizona with a hospital, medical office building and surgery center.
9. ValueHealth acquired Oswego, Ill.-based Kendall Pointe Surgery Center, according to a Jan. 14 news release.
10. Phoenix Spine & Joint will open its third and biggest surgery center in Gilbert, Ariz., in February.