Since the beginning of 2023, healthcare giant Optum and its ASC affiliate SCA Health have made major waves in the industry through new partnerships, leadership shake-ups and clinic openings.
Here's what Optum and SCA Health have done so far in 2023:
- Optum appointed a new enterprise lead and a new CEO for its East region. SCA Health also appointed a new CEO.
- A 490,000-square-foot building housing Optum's CareMount Medical in Chappaqua, N.Y., was sold.
- Optum acquired Middletown, N.Y.-based multispecialty group Crystal Run Healthcare.
- Optum Health affiliate Everett Clinic opened a 39,500-square-foot facility with 50 exam rooms and an ASC in Arlington, Wash.
- Optum added hospice and homecare specialty group LHC Group in a $5.4 billion deal.
- SCA Health has now grown to a network of 9,200 physicians.
- Optum partnered with Northern Light Health in Brewer, Maine, and Owensboro (Ky.) Health to take over administrative functions.