Nashville, Tenn.-based Surgery Partners, a national operator of surgical facilities and ancillary services, has been a major player in the ASC space over the past few years.
Here are what the company has been up to recently along with some quick figures to know:
- Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health and Surgery Partners signed a collaboration agreement in which Surgery Partners will take over management of Intermountain's existing ASCs in Utah and Idaho and will develop more ASCs in other select markets.
- Columbus-based OhioHealth and Surgery Partners formed a new company to grow ASC joint ventures across the state of Ohio.
- The company has 127 ASCs in its portfolio.
- Surgery Partners' private equity partner is Bain Capital Private Equity.
- The company has 4,600 physicians affiliated physicians.
- Surgery Partners holds 2.4 percent of the ASC market share.